Course link: Get The Course Here
Are you struggling to find the beat or find yourself losing timing or off time during the song? We took the online course by Joel Dominguez (an instructor from New York with over 10 years of experience) called ‘Dance With Feeling’ to see what it was all about and see how it can help with musicality and timing.
Overall the course had a great explanation of the different instruments in salsa and where they fit with the music to help with musicality. The examples are both for on1 and on2 dancers so you can find examples that will help out with both styles and if you’re curious you can see the difference between the styles. The content suited LA salsa and NY salsa styles. For those who dance Cuban salsa it would probably be a bit difficult to translate over to the steps but the theory behind the different instruments may still be useful.
The explanations are broken down into a series of videos that explain the difference between the following instruments and their role in the music:
- The Guiro
I also found that the video for finding the 1 beat in the ‘Extra Bonus’ section labelled “Salsa Webinar Find the 1 in Salsa with Don Barns – Dance With Feeling” was a great resource too.
What I liked:
- Good explanations of the different instruments with theory and dancing examples
- Good tips on how to find the one beat with the instruments
- Coverage in both on1 LA and on2 NY styles for most of the videos
- Tips of how to use the salsa beat machine to practice timing
- Credit Card and PayPal options to purchase
- Being able to watch the videos over again to refresh your memory at any time.
- Money back guarantee if you don’t find it helpful.
What I didn’t like:
- The last couple of demo videos provided from the classes were danced on2 and would be pretty tricky to translate over for on1 LA dancers.
- The email to access to courses went to my junk folder. Remember to check your junk or spam folder if you don’t get the email straight away.
If you want some extra help with your timing or want to understand how the different instruments in the music come together it’s worth checking it out.
For more information, reviews and samples you can Get It Here
We are an affiliate for this product. What is an affiliate?