Like it? Share the event.
Michele’s B-Day & Last chance 2 qualify Salchata Thursday
Last edited: Wednesday, January 11, 2017
1/12: Latin Street Music & Dancing present:
Remember VooDoo Nightclub in Schaumburg? Same format & same promotion is coming to the Northern Suburbs!
Latin Street DJs Dwight Burr & Papi spin Salsa, Bachata, Cumbia & Tropical rhythms!
Clase de Salsa & Bachata by Chris Michael Rios a las 8p!
Salsa & Bachata lesson by Chris Michael at 8p!
On-site Bachata Contest registration deadline at 9:30p.
Come to say ‘Happy B-Day!” to Michele Vaca!
Amateur Bachata Last Prelim at 10:30p.
Ladies in Free b4 9p
Damas entran gratis antes de las 9p!
Get in Free b4 8p? click on link above.
VIS card members enter Free b4 11p.
Tragos Especiales! Drink Specials!
$5 Blue Margaritas & Don Julio
$4 Coronas & Modelos
Free Parking. 21+
LatinStreetDancing.com – 312.42 Salsa.
LoadedBuffalo.com – 847.949.0858
1st Amateur Bachata Contest
Prelims: 12/15, 12/22, 12/29, 1/5 & 1/12
1st: $300 + trophies
2nd: $150 + trophies
3rd: $50 + trophies
All finalist couples will receive sponsored prizes at all preliminary rounds!
Carlos & Michele Vaca
Ubaldo Rufino & Yahaira Torres
Barry Loberg & Claudia Murillo
Francisco Castaneda & Ewa Wisniewska
1. It’s an Amateur dance contest. For this contest, Amateur dancers are those who have not ever been paid to perform nor teach any Latin Dance. Any dancer who has placed 1st on 2 consecutive Amateur Bachata contests in the span of 24 months, will also be considered not elegible to participate.
2. Pre-registration is necessary. Please sign-up at the Dj booth with Andres before 9:30p on the day you plan to compete or email [email protected] and register via email. All registration forms must be completed before you dance. If you register 24 hrs advance, your name will be at the door to be a guest on the night you compete.
3. This a social dance/freestyle contest. No choreographies are required. All dancing will be done to the DJs music, at the producer’s discretion.
4. All Preliminary rounds will be judged by audience applause. The final will be judge by a panel of qualified judges and the Audience will be considered 1 judge.
5. Couples may choose to skip all preliminary rounds and go straight to the final round by paying an entrance fee of $50 per couple.
6. A minimum of 3 couples will be selected per preliminary round to move to the final. A minimum of 8 couples are required to execute the final round.
7. There is no limitation for types of moves. Everything is allowed.
8. Any dancer may participate with other partners as separate independent couples.
9. Judging criteria Includes: Timing (22%), Musicality (13%), Technique (13%), Connection (13%), Level of Difficulty (13%) & Overall Presence (13%) + Audience reaction (13%)
12. All decisions are final & no refunds allowed.
More Events Near Here
Thursday, 25 May 2017
Primary Night Club, 5 W Division St, Chicago, IL, United States, 60610
Map | 33 Seen
Friday, 26 May 2017
JC Martini Nightclub, 3124 N Central Ave, Chicago, IL, United States, 60641
Map | 175 Seen
Classes Near Here
3868 N Lincoln Ave. (2nd floor), Chicago IL, 60613
1335 W. Lake St. Suite 103, Chicago, IL 60607
415 W. Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60654
1819 W Grand Ave #201
Cha-Cha, Mambo, Salsa
Chicago's premiere source for Salsa dance classes and private lessons! Learn from the best and take your dance and confidence to the next level!